Safari web browser has given a path to all the downloading files in a folder. This browser has already set a folder as a default location where all the downloaded files get saved. Most of the users are fine with the Downloads folder as default one to store the downloaded files and later moving all downloads to the desired location manually. Does it sound like overwork? Some are comfortable doing this all the time when their downloads get completed, but for some users it is quite a time taking task.
If you are also doing this unnecessary work in your Mac, then why don’t you try to modify the download location settings in Safari browser? If you don’t know the steps to modify the settings, then follow the steps mentioned below and save yourself from putting extra efforts to organize the files after downloads.
Here’s how to Change Default Folder on Safari
The changing of default folder downloads from Safari web browser is not a complicated task, and even the steps from a guide make it simpler. Once you start the process to change the default download folder for Safari, you will be able to select and choose between the saving methods.
- Open Safari browser in your system.
- Now from the menu bar at the top, click on the Safari option.
- Select Preferences.
- Now, move to the General tab and find the File download location option.
- Click to open the drop-down menu.
- You will see the Desktop option and two additional options as well.
- Selecting Desktop will download the files on the home display of Mac.
- Ask me for each download will let you decide the location of every file. With this option, you can keep all the separate and organized in the system.
- The Other option will popup an open and save dialog box. The Other option allows you to access the folders in the system.
Restoring Default Downloads Folder
While changing the download location folder, it is possible to miss the downloaded files. But if you choose the previous downloads folder, then you will be able to find downloads again.
- Open Safari browser in your Mac.
- Click Safari from the menu bar.
- Select the Preferences from the menu.
- Click the General tab and go to the File Download Location.
- Now, select the folder which was set as a default previously.
- If you can’t find the option, then click the Other option and let the window popup.
- Now, you will able to select that folder from the window manually.
- Now click Select tab from the bottom of the window.
- Close the Preference in Safari.
- Now onwards, downloads will be stored in this folder.
The relocation of the default folder in Safari web browser for the downloaded files provides to options which make the organization of those files more manageable. Ask me every time, and the Other option will allow you to store the file in different folders. Hence it is recommended to select either of the two options for downloading a file.